01/10/2008

A Wedding Gift

 

The family are going to a wedding on Saturday, chance to don some glad rags :-). As might be obvious from the picture the happy couple are Martin and Karen. They have been together for a while now and have two children. Anyway I thought I would make them a canvas which could be used to incorporate a wedding photo. This is a lovely deep canvas and I distressed it with paints and moulding past. Added some metallic letters and some rusted vines from Paper Whimsy and finished it of with a rusty heart tied with co-ordinating ribbon. I have put a temporary picture in it and covered the back with old pages distressed. I have not put anything to hang it as I thought it would work well sitting on a shelf or mantle piece. Hope they like it...what do you think? :-) Dawn x
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

PattiV said...

Oh it's wonderful Dawn!!! so rustic and charming! they're sure to love it!
huge hugs
Patti V

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this Dawn and I'm sure they will love it too!!! A beautiful gift!! :)Linda K

Christy said...

Dawn this is fantastic. I love love the colors you have and OF COURSE I love the yummy texture. Ah I am really enjoying your music right now too, the song is: Mother and Child Reunion :)

Barbara said...

oh my!!! it's beautiful!!! what a gift!

big hugz!!!

Linda East said...

Oh Dawn...this is totally beautiful you did an awesome job on this ...the rusty vines and heart are perfect. The colors are incredible also...Luv Mum

~*~Patty S said...

Such a Lovely and personalized gift Dawn, Love the rusty vines!

Jeanie said...

This is fabulous. They are going to adore it forever!

KAT said...

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! I bet they just loved it! I like how distressed this is!