20/05/2010

Meeting up and a Wall hanging

OH WOW! What an exciting day for me today, why? well I met up with one of the girls who I met on blogland a few years ago now. She had let me know her and her DH were coming over to London to connect with a cruise and asked if we could meet. Of course I said "Yes" and ever since have been counting down the days.
Today was the day, I travelled by train up to London and made my way to the hotel they were staying at. Right near Buckingham Palace and all of the wonderful sites we have here in England.
Got to the reception, asked if they had checked in and was told that they had, about 10 mins prior to my arrival.
The front desk then rang her room for me and handed me the phone to speak to her. Anyway she was amazed when I said I was downstairs in the lobby and said they would be right on down.
I had no problem recognising her, nor she me, and straight off we got on. It was just so amazing to be actually sitting down talking with her and her DH, the time flew by, hard to believe that we spent almost 2 hours together and it flew by... what a relaxed pleasant time it was.
We exchanged gifts and I was so blown away but what she gave me, a piece of her art, I can't share it with you until she gets back to the States, but I promise I will once I know they are safely home. If you read this, and you know who you are, THANK YOU for meeting up with me and for being such a lovely lady in real life as you are on blogland xxx

I have been busy creating a wall hanging, I actually hand sewed some lace, so proud of myself lol....there is a crucifix, hearts, lace etc. The words are

If a child lives with criticism, he learns to condemn…
If a child lives with hostility, he learns to fight…
If a child lives with fear, he learns to be apprehensive…
If a child lives with pity, he learns to feel sorry for himself…
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy…
If a child lives with jealousy, he learns to feel guilt…
But…
If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient…
If a child lives with encouragement, he learns to be confident…
If a child lives with praise, he learns to be appreciative…
If a child lives with acceptance, he learns to love…
If a child lives with honesty, he learns what truth is…
If a child lives with fairness, he learns justice…
If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith in himself and those about him…
If a child lives with friendliness, he learns the world is a nice place in which to live.


I am sharing this collage for now, hope to be able to take better pics of it tomorrow....
Anyway, I am still beaming and I hope that wherever you are that you are as happy as I am today,

2 comments:

Diane said...

Love this--the sentiment makes it even better--you're so creative!

I'm so glad that you were able to meet a blogging buddy. I love the fact that we can get to meet and talk with so many people this way--just great!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Dawn,
Just saw your christening gown over a JoAnnA's doll workshop thought I would come over and check out your blog. Left you some comments on your beautiful gown.
Debbie