10/05/2007

Sewing machine success ....!!!

Today I purchased a mini sewing machine to use in my crafting. I was so pleased with myself when I managed to stitch a bit of lace to card - a small start, but hey, I am hoping it will lead to bigger and better things.
I have an aversion to sewing, when I was 8 years old I had to make a gingham school dress as part of Wednesday afternoon activities. It took me 6 weeks to make (most of the other girls did it in half the time as their mums had sewing machines at home) - the headmasters wife kept making comments about putting the school flag up and announcing it in assembley when I had finished; she literally did this and so my aversion to sewing was born.
I am hoping at the grand old age of 45 to put it behind and move forward and loose the fear. I no I will never be a master seamstress but just managing basics will satisfy me - I shall let you know how I get on and maybe put a photo up of something I create in the future.

That's it for this post, adios

1 comment:

Rita said...

thanks for your comment
good posts to you :)
kisses