14/11/2007

New Technique - Forever Friends


Well if you are a bit of a dummy like me and have never been to any art courses/classes what are you to do? Buy ARTIST TRADING CARD WORKSHOP by Bernie Berlin and then have fun - serious fun.

I created this little piece from his Gold leaf resist lesson and then added the Paper Whimsy image. I have other lessons in various stages dotted around my studio (not a study anymore) and have decided that I shall do a little book with all the lessons in them for future reference. This is the 1st page (oh my another 1st -my life is full of them at the moment lol)


I shall post each piece as I do it...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this technique, Dawn!
I think I have that book - must pull it out & play a bit.

Anonymous said...

it's gorgeous!

Trina said...

Have fun making your little book. It's so fun trying new things.

ingeniouslycreative said...

Hi Dawn, you are really comming along nicely in your art! I love your charms too!!! I think your idea of a little book with all your new techniques is a good idea. I have volumes with my textile techniques/experiments in them for reference. And it's a good idea to post each page as you do it for those of us who love seeing your art evolve. Hugs, Carol

Cathy said...

Nice job on the gold leaf resist! I have to remember not to limit those techniques to ATCs.

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic, love your background.

Heather Robinson said...

What a wonderful background. I must dig out my book...you have inspired me!

Wabbit said...

This is terrific, Dawn! Love the charms in the next post, too.

Anonymous said...

Adore this:) you need to start Selling some of your stuff.. its ridiculous - if you dont know what to do with the money I CAN HELP =)..x
love you lots dawn:) you talented mummy.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.