13/08/2007

Small canvas


So the family disappeared to the waterfalls outside Benidorm which left me with time to create something.

Since I joined the artchix group artchixstudio@yahoogroups.com I have just been lurking, so thought, what better opportunity than the time I had today to make something to post.

Bearing in mind that I am on holiday so don't have all my stuff with me my options were limited. I think this may have helped ultimately, because I had to come up with something with limited resources! The above canvas is what I created. I called it "Lavenders Blue Dilly Dill" because the colours used were Lavender and Blue. I used an artchix image and painted the background with acrylic paints then embellished it with vellum butterflies and some stamps and hung the charms on the bottom. Sari ribbon was used so that I can hang it.
Voila, no longer an artchix virgin.
When I posted it for the group to look at I had a response from Carol Stocker http://www.sjdgallery.com/ and her blog http://www.spiritsjourneydesigns.blogspot.com/ who made some lovely comments. She is new to the group too and suggested that we could do a 2:2 personal swap, so I am thrilled that I shall be participating in my very 1st swap, and an international one at that!!! I shall post the swaps when I send and receive at the end of September. THANK YOU Carol xxx The theme of the swap is to be based on where we live so I shall have to get my thinking cap on...watch this space!
That's it for today, a day of 1st's. Let's see what tomorrow brings

No comments: