15/04/2009

Oh HAPPY DAY...

**********************************************************************************
You would not BELIEVE how lucky I was today... I saw the Postman coming up the path with an arm full of parcels ALL FOR ME....JOY OF JOYS!!! Not a bill in sight.
I just have to share with you what he brought from near and far....

So this was from SarahD here in England an ATC Block which was part of a PW swap that Sara hosted and a gorgeous bottle decorated with beeswax,lace, mesh and soldering with a delightful image on it too... THANK YOU Sarah I will treasure them ALWAYS.
***********************************************************************************

And from DAWN MARIE in the U S of A I recieved a box of never ending artful creations and art supplies.
The cardbox had lavender scattered in the bottom, can you close your eyes and smell it? beautiful; there were music sheets used to wrap the gifts within and old ledger pages... wonderful, so useful too!
Another small package wrapped in vintage wallpaper and tied with the softest, prettiest ribbon held these flash cards and these wonderful bird stamps - can't wait to use them... ooooooooooh!




Ribbons and lace wrapped so lovingly in the music papers, a vintage cotton reel with gorgeous beaded thread and finished off with a button - such attention to detail xxxx
the art work - firstly this miniature canvas with Queen of Hearts on it - is that me lol...
and this one with the most delicate ribbon and I LOVE the color of the canvas. the tiny stars, the gorgeous girl - the sentiment "Believe in You" how could you fail to love this?
and still there was MORE.... this double sided heart creation,STUNNING - can you believe all these goodies - I was in shock, happy shock though :-)

This dye will be fun to use...

Dawn included some paint swatches - the little cards to help y0ou decide on the color of paint you want, well let me tell you here in England the swatches tend to be inchie size if you are lucky or slightly bigger rarely. Now Dawn sent me the swatches but the next 2 pictures show art work she has created using them as backgrounds - AMAZING, LOVE THEM!!!

AND just got to show you the box that all these goodies fit into - soft delicate, lady like paper, with a jewelled centre piece, how pretty is this? and can you see that hessian sachet - filled with lavender! Dawn has thought of it all


In the box of delights there was also a little doll and a HAND MADE Leather journal, the pictures came out blurry so I will add pictures tomorrow when I have the light to take a quality picture.
DAWN and SARAH THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH FOR MY GIFTS TODAY.............YOU MADE ME SMILE FROM EAR TO EAR XXXXX THANK YOU DOESN'T SEEM ENOUGH TO SAY, BUT THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART XXXX

5 comments:

Sherry Goodloe said...

What lovely items you received in the mail today!!! WOW :) And another PLUS was that no BILLS came *hee hee*

ARTifact & whimsy said...

I'm SOOO happy you liked it all!!! Your the best Dawn and you deserve more then I could ever give :) Enjoy !I know you will create some AWESOME art with the supplies!!! I really wanted to fit into that box to come see you to :) Hugs,
Dawn Marie

Sarah said...

Dawn so glad they arrived safely and that you like them .

Big Hugs Dear Friend

Sarah xx

Jeanie said...

What fabulous gifts -- I want mail call like yours!

My blogger word for verification is "chaim" which reminds me of the song in Fiddler, "To life, to life, la chiam" -- I know I'm probably spelling it wrong, but it's a wonderful thing to think of today!

To life!

Jeanie said...

What wonderful mail! It's good to revisit your blog and catch up! I have been woefully behind. Posting, yes, but that's about it. I can't seem to control the technology in my life. And I'm doing precious little art, but I guess that's part and parcel of my recovery. I was able to play in glue for the first time a bit ago, and it was such fun!

Hope all is well for you in England! Hugs!