22/06/2009

ART HOUSE CO-OP MINI CANVASES



This is the set for the Arthouse Co-Op Mini Canvas Project that I signed up for. The premise of this was that each participant had to submit 5 words and then received 5 words to interpret. Now that they are completed I have to send them to Atlanta, Georgia where they will be used in a display at the airport; some of the canvases will also be chosen to be published in a book about the event. Now let me tell you my words and see if you can see why I created each canvas.

GRID

I created this using glass tiles on which I drew O's and X's with Viva Pearl Pen. The background was painted with Copper Metallic Acrylic Dauber Paint


AQUA

This canvas was painted in aqua colors, stamped eyes on to the bg for interest. Wrote the words AQUA, AGUA and WATER onto paper and inserted into glass bottles and stuck to canvas.


PURGE

This one has an image of Mary and Child, stuck to a bg colored with distress inks. I then added the words to Hail Mary and overlaid with a transparency of an angel.


OSTENSIBLY

This word means things not what they seem so I chose to do a clown with tears "Tears of a Clown"; after all clowns are supposed to be happy. Hand drawn clown, with glitter added and a button for his nose.

MULTITUDE

I interpreted with a multitude of butterflies, layers of butterflies on a napkin, then vellum and more butterflies.
So they will be going into the post on Wednesday as I am busy tomorrow...
Next project with the Art House Co-Op is a Sketchbook project

1 comment:

Linda East said...

What can I say? except AWESOME...your work is terrific...I really love the butterflies...you are so talented. Luv Mum