18/03/2010

REMEMBERING RENEE


This post is for my friend Renee...I still can't believe that she is no longer here, but I still feel her and I go back and read her blog when I feel the need to, I find it hard to talk about her without the tears coming. Renee wouldn't have wanted that I know but the sadness is so deep at this time that I can't help it.

Renee LOVED her family, her posts were filled with love for her husband and children. Then there was her sister, her mum, dad, nephews and nieces, such and amazing family who are there for each other and have been through so much sadness these last few years.

I created this canvas as a tribute to Renee, let me explain. This was in the obituary for Renee

"Renée loved her dearest husband, her children and grandchildren, family and friends, Christmas, reading books, drinking tea, watching blizzards, smelling flowers, writing her blog, listening to music, catching fairies, and admiring the sky."
so I tried to incorporate some of this into the canvas. The background represents the color of the sky with blues and pinks, there is reference to her family in the words, there are flowers and above her head there are birds.... her blog Circling my head, without which I would never have come to know Renee last year when our paths crossed due to OWOH.
It helped me to create this, I am going to be sending it to her home to show the family how much she was loved by me. Visiting her blog demonstrates how much Renee was loved, how many people she touched with her words throughout her illness. It was not all doom and gloom, it was inspiring, funny, sad, thought provoking - Renee became a friend to all who visited her blog... she was and will remain to me a WONDERFUL FRIEND, the world is a sadder place without her.
God Bless you Renee, my friend xxx

7 comments:

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Thank you for creating this beautiful canvas of a woman I also came to love dearly. Her strength, courage, and humor were always evident and she did indeed love all of her blogging friends. She was one in a million and I feel honored to have known her. I see her smile in this amazing creation and know she would be so pleased!
Blessings and hugs,
Coralie

jacque4u2c said...

What a wonderful tribute! Just gorgeous!

Marie S said...

This is so beautiful! Look at her eyes, they are amazing! I feel her too. The tears show the depth of your love, go ahead and let them fall. They also wash away the sadness.
Love and hugs.

Kim said...

A beautiful portrait and a lovely tribute. I think she understands the tears too, and they will move to smiles after a while, though the missing piece will not be found. She will always be missed.

Lisa said...

Dawn, what a beautiful tribute to Renee. I'm sure her family will treasure it. I'm so sorry you lost a friend. Big hug to you from me.

Barbara said...

what a lovely tribute!!! this is just stunning...such love shines thru her eyes...and YOU are such an ANGEL...

BIG HUGZ

Unknown said...

Dawn, it is just wonderful! I didn't know her, but from what everyone has said, she sounded like a wonderful and brave person. A fine tribute to her. suzie xxx