01/08/2010

DO YOU DARE TO DREAM

Life is about dreams and making them come true if you can don't you think. If it is not within your power to make a dream come true for yourself then maybe someone somewhere will make your dreams happen.
I have had a dream for a while now that for my 50th I would visit the U.S.A. and attend one of the many art retreats that I read about on other people's blogs. I sit and day dream about doing it, not really believing that it could happen - but the dreaming, well that is a part of me.
I was chatting to my DH the other day and he knows that he is having a MAJOR surprise for his 50th this year, kids harp on about how he will love it etc. etc. but he hasn't got a clue what his surprise is... but it is HIS DREAM that I am making a reality.

Imagine my surprise when I told him about my dream and his response was "well you better look into it then!" I was totally gobsmacked, my DH God love him, loves me around, hates to be apart so I never for a million years BELIEVED that he would say it would be okay to live my DREAM.
I AM SO EXCITED.... Okay my 50th isn't till next July but hey if I find the perfect Art Fest to go to whether it is before or after then I shall have the chance to go.... so I need your help here folks, if you could recommend anywhere then let me know asI don't know where to start!
I am so hoping that I will have the chance to attend with some of YOU my online friends.

I created this journal page




and guess what folks I transferred it from my camera to my mac and then uploaded it here to blogger so I am mighty proud of that achievement!!!! maybe I can get to like this computer after all!
Now all I need to do is work out how to sharpen it.... I have photoshop so maybe I should have a play.
Anyway I hope to get some feedback from you all

Hugs till next time....Dawn

3 comments:

Diane said...

Excellent, Dawn!! I really can't help you with the best art retreat (I've never been), but I can assure you that whichever one you choose will not be wrong. From what I've read, every art retreat is magical--good luck!

Healing Woman said...

This is just food for thought and it may not work out anyway but..I have been renovating my Tuscany Suite for students to stay next summer for a class that I have planned. I'll let you know about it when I have it all figured out. I think it may be in sculpting a Goddess...like the tall stoneware clay ones I do..not sure yet.

You are doing great with you Mac. Congratulations!

Barbara said...

i'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo EXCITED!!!!