Altering Objects

I have been enjoying the sunshine over the last couple of days, fair enough it is cold but I am a sunshine girl and seeing it gives me such a lift.
I get my happy head on and when I have a happy head I create.
I have to say that Julie and Richard liked, No LOVED the book I made for their guests to sign, phew what a relief. Just got to add the finishing touch, on the inside cover I found a music sheet on e bay titled "Here is the Bride" so thought that would finish it off nicely.

So the sun was shining and I created, wondering what I created ... take a peek.

Altered this bottle and added a grunge paper rose to the neck, it's amazing how just adding a few bits and pieces changes a bottle and makes it into something new and interesting.

and this one, if you have never done one of these and would like a bit of guidance
Nancy Maxwell James can tell you how with a neat little Pdf. This one I used a bit of the Ranger enamel  paint, so easy and effective. Paper Whimsy image used, have you seen the beautiful Paper Whimsy images, if not check them out.
And finally I altered this...
A dunhill lighter box, donated to my "stash" by my friend Natalie, she saves me all her rubbish, good stuff!
This is what I ended up with, a little shrine with a PW image, coloured the dress with my copic pens, added distress stickle to the hat and sash.
Then I used scrap paper and Tim Holtz tissue tape to cover the box, added a bottle with "Lifes Memories" on it, hung some found pieces of a house, flower and teddy bear. The finishing touches were the corners and the lovely donated flower...ta-da, that is why I love the sun shine, it makes me do stuff.

Thanks for looking and hope you come back soon
hugs Dawn


Sheelagh said...

Hi Dawn,
Thank you for your comment re blog. I purchased the weights at a boot sale, waiting to place them in just the right place and the box was IT. Talking of which, I also picked up hundreds of poker chips. Have you any idea how and what to alter them to. I would gladly swop some for a good idea lol.

Glad I dropped by yours. Just love the shrine, really gorgeous. Off to look around some more xxx

Mariannes Kort og Stempling said...

Love your shrine Dawn;-) I am waiting to se some results from my dare.....

Nancy Maxwell James said...

your projects are soooo beautiful! I am honored and touched! I hope you had fun making the bottles - they are lovely! The altered lighter box is AMAZING! what a gorgeous piece!

Lynn Stevens said...

Dawn your box is wonderful and how nice to have a friend who shares her treasures with you, Nancy does amazing bottles.
I myself did one a couple of days ago, have yet to share it though.
hugs Lynn