03/03/2011

So what now after TIm....Charms, ATC BLOCK and a Book

I have a couple of exciting things to show you.
The first involves my friend Amber Dawn she creates the most amazing, outstanding, mind-blowing charms...they are so teeny tiny, made with polymer clay - check them out you will be AMAZED!








I have lined them up with one of the Hitch fasteners just so you can get a perspective. I really don't know how she manages to do these but I am fortunate to own these... if you like charms check out her blog because she organises swaps and it is worth a look just to see her delights....

The excitement builds as I countdown to Art Is...You in October; okay it might seem like months away, but when I think how quick the Tim workshop came around I am soooooo excited!
There is a swap at the Retreat and the theme this year is Dr Seuss. I have to tell you that when I was at school I HATED Green Eggs and Ham, and the Cat in the Hat... so I was a bit concerned that I would not get inspired.
Anyway I have revisited Dr Seuss courtesy of the internet and can now relate to him and love some of his quotes. So I decided to make ATC blocks as my swap.
 I used one of my paintings, printed it on to Claudine Hellmuth's sticky back canvas and then applied to block. Viva paint was used to decorate the block and some TSS metal around the edge, not visible in these photos.
Then I used this Dr Seuss quote "Don't cry because it's over - Smile because it happened" a perfect sentiment. Applicable to the Tim experience too.
I used Golden glass bead gel coloured with a touch of Milled Lavender re-inker and then coloured the paper I printed on to with the same. A glass slide covered the text and a few embellishments completed it...the finishing touch as you can see is the Tim Holtz feet - I have 9 of these to make, so only 8 more to go....
I hope you are still with me because I wanted to share with you the final part of the Post title.
Most of you reading this are bloggers yourself, did you know you can have your blog made into a book...I didn't until my friend Diane told us about it on her blog. I checked it out, it looked good so I thought I would create a book from my 1st year in blogland.
I wanted to see what sort of quality it was. I  went to the website BLOG2PRINT told them what the name of my blog was, chose cover etc. and they created a book for me to preview... so simple! If you like you buy. It took about 3 weeks to get here to the UK and cost $45 including postage.
The cost varies depending on the number of pages but I have 66 pages in my 1st book.
I ordered the following years and had a discount code readysetb2p which gave me 15% off the next books.(valid till March 9th) I have ordered 2008,2009 and 2010 all for $120 (including shipping to UK)
You can make it cheaper as you can have a soft cover book or have it downloaded as a PDF for $7.95.You can even do one a year if you wish, spread it out, or ask for it as a Birthday/Christmas present.
My kids will now have my blog in a book long after I am not here.... I have no affiliation with Blog2Print but thought I would share with you..





If you made it to the end of this post... THANK YOU, see you next time

Hugs
Dawn xxx

5 comments:

annes paperfun said...

I really love the tiny winy charms ..lovely!
I can e-mail you pictures of you & Marianne ..if you want..just give me your e-mail.
Mine:
aksholt@yahoo.no

hugs Anne Kristine

(Lovely photos from the BIG day :o))

Mariannes gjenbruk said...

The charms are amazing ;-) And book looks so cool....

Rosie said...

Such teeny tiny charms - wow! I love the look of your blog as a book Dawn - how cool is that?
BTW - did you receive your pins from me and did you like them? =)

Barbara said...

I LOVE AMBER DAWN!!!! I have been friends with her for a long time!!! just checking in....and sending a big hug!!!

Laura Spano said...

Hi from art-is-you message board! I met Amber Dawn last year there- how wonderful that you know her too. She is just lovely.