25/10/2007

So what have I been up to today







This morning I was determined to create "SOMETHING", I didn't want to let another day go by and go to bed wishing I had created a piece. So as the family were all out doing their thing I thought I would make a start. I have brought some canvas board with me to Spain so I applied some gesso to that and then painted over it with yellow ochre.(it actually looks beige in the picture but it is ochre, believe me). Then I stared at the canvas and decided that I would bite the bullet and try and do an image transfer. I selected an artchix www.artchixstudio.com picture to use and crossed my fingers as I applied it to the canvas. Hey ho it worked, the image transferred. I was so cock a hoop; I am still grinning as I write this lol.
Looking closely I realised that the clock and little bit of script was back to front, but hey in the scheme of things that is not so bad, at least the transfer was successful - and the piece has inadvertently named itself "If I could turn back the hands of time" - now I just have to develop it.

I also prepped a page for my journal which I am trying to develop.I have been inspired by Patty van Dorin (http://ramblingrose.typepad.com/journal/) who does such beautiful pages and Suzi blu (http://suziblu.blogspot.com/) who takes the fear out of journalling with some great tutorial videos. Another piece to develop!!!

Oh yes, whilst I was waiting for the gesso to dry etc. I created a little piece using artchix products again entitled "Mother Nature" which is at the top of the page next to the image transfer picture (must get the hang of putting pictures where I want them lol....)

This morning I am hoping to get to the merceria (haberdashers) here in EL Campello to pick out some laces, beads and ribbons such a beautiful collection is available, then I want to make a start on a matchbox advent calendar to decorate the villa at Christmas.

I am going to escape to my art room first as the rain is coming down so much, my lovely husband has gone out on his quad again, can't see him being out for too long so I shall do what I can whilst I can. I shall have a mountain of muddy clothes to wash when he gets back...boys and their toys!

1 comment:

Pearl Maple said...

Congratulations on the home page.

Enjoying reading your posts from Spain and how you are helping the local craft economy.

Thanks for your kind comments on my blog.