28/05/2008

Vintage Decos




Here are some Vintage Decos that I have worked on for girls in the Treasure Art Trends yahoo group
The top one is made from a postcard I received from Linda East I have incorporated 2 antique pen nibs and a little bottle with "ink" in it. The background paper is from B-Muse owned by the delightful Vickie Mack at the time of writing this I could not link to her site??!

The second one was created using a Tim Holtz stamp and then adding some small embellishments. Hope the recipients like them

Just thought I would let you know that China went for her audition on the X Factor (for those of you who don't know it is a bit like Pop Idol except that in this competition there are different categories - i.e. Up to 25, Over 25's and Male and female groups)
She waited 9 hours and then got called up. What happened? they asked her a trick question "What is your name?" and she froze. She got the shakes and couldn't sing! Not the end of the world but try telling that to a 15 year old who is angry with herself....! I told her that she can always try next year if she wants to and that she should be proud of the fact that she entered. Time is a healer and I know this won't stop her singing.
Hoops and Yoyo have departed these shores and are heading to their next destination.
God speed

3 comments:

Wabbit said...

Oh the poor kid! Lucky for her she has such a great, level-headed, supportive mom! You rock, Dawn!

Pearl Maple said...

Great Decos
You have so many wonderful creative posts on your blog it is a lovely place to visit.

Thanks again for hosting last month's goodie box for the ABAltered Book Challenge. There is so much goodness packed in that box I am still working my way through it all.

Jeanie said...

These are both lovely. I especially like the one with fashion that looks like a giant tag.

What a bummer about China's audition. I know she must feel terribly, but I hope she doesn't beat herself up on it too much. It's hard, though. Anything's hard at 15, too...