05/03/2009

Do you want to swap...

...this is the question I was asked over on Facebook by Dawn Marie - I agreed and we said we would do it for about mid April.
Well I have had this frame hanging in my art room for well over a year and today it just said to me.... "use me, make something of me" so I picked it up and created this Birds Nest piece.

The frame has a mesh body. I stuck the music sheet behind it, after all what is a bird without music. I decorated the eggs with Tim Holtz acrylic dabber paint, color Juniper and stamped with a Paper Artsy mini stamp, using Tea Dye Distress Ink.
The eggs and the frame were purchased from Paper Whimsy and have been as I said a part of my stash for so long... you know how it is, you see it, you buy it and then you can't use it cos it is "good stuff". I have decided now is the time to use my "good stuff"
All the wonderful encouragement I have had recently has really got me thinking "hey I am not that bad, I can make art..." what a fabulous feeling and it is all THANKS to wonderful friends I have made here in blogland and on various art groups.
Anyway back to the Birds Nest... the rusted bells were given to me by my friend Lorraine... Thanks Lorraine - I used them!
The rusty bird was bought from Retro Cafe Art and the lace was from some I bought in Spain.
The words were made using the typewriter font to use with the cuttlebug
Now all I have to do is put together some bits and pieces and send it of to her...

Thanks for dropping by, hugs...

16 comments:

Genie said...

Looks lovely Dawn

Zeborah Loray said...

Love the music behind the mesh.
Lots of fun stuff on your blog- thanks for posting the link.
Love,
Zeb

Val Foster said...

Hi Dawn. Sorry I've MIA for a while now. I love this piece, and everything about it. And most definitely sweetie, you CAN make art, and do a very fine job!

I think we all deal with fear and self-doubts about our art, and whether or not it's "good enough". Although sometimes, it's not easy to be honest about that, but hey, I admit to it, I often have fear and self-doubts.

This piece is really great, and I love it. And yes, it's wonderful to have love and support from the at large artist community out there. None of us are totally alone, and have much more in common than we may think.

Hopefully, soon enough, we can do our swap. I'm still behind on that right now, but our swap will happen sometime this year, and I look forward to it.

Hope all is going well for you, dear friend.

Hugs,
Val

Unknown said...

Dawn this is so wonderful and thoses eggs wow I love these gorgeous xxx

Wabbit said...

I think it looks terrific, Dawn. I especially like the eggs. Good work! Marilyn

Anonymous said...

I love your springy frame, especially the lace nest.
Thanks for posting.

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

That is completely adorable Dawn!!! I LOVE it! and thanks for linking me :).
xoxo,
Kristin

Heartwideopen said...

I love this piece Dawn. I'm really partial to birds and nests, so this is right up my alley! I love the frame and the music behind the mesh~ Great touch that! Thanks for putting the link in your email to the group!
HuGGs!
Debi

WendyK said...

A fabulous piece Dawn, you are definately in a bird mood at the moment. I love mine.
Keep up the good work.

Cat Stegall said...

Looks great! Cathee

Anonymous said...

gorgeous frame,Dawn!:-)

Aileen said...

Dawn this is a beautiful piece! I love each element you used.
Thanks so much for sharing!
Happy Creating!
Aileen~

Susie Jefferson said...

Love it! What a brilliant idea - I want one! Waaa

Jacqui at Fibre Dreams said...

Hi Dawn,
I am going to NEC Stitches and Hobbies next weekend! I harassed the UKHandknitting Association to do the volunteer knitting to teach people to knit...they eventually relented and said ok!!!!
So I’ll be on the Learn to Knit stand W10 on Saturday and Sunday from 12.30-5.30.
Do you think you might be going? If you do come over and say hello!
Jacqui

Sarah said...

Hello dear Dawn I have something on my blog for you xx

ARTifact & whimsy said...

OMgosh!!! I don't know if i was sposed to see this but I LOVE IT!!!! I am on pins and needles!!! I am so blessed to have a friend like you and an artist to boot is a bonus!!! you ARE a wonderful ARTIST Dawn and don't let self doubt wisper in your ears, when it does just start humming so it goes away! I LOVE ALL the art you have done that I've seen :) hoorayy for me , I am SOOO excited! Love n Hugs, Dawn Marie