09/03/2009

Ta Da...my 1st Canvas -


Here it is, my 1st canvas after doing Joanna's online workshop...
I have looked at it since uploading the photos and this has allowed me to see the "space" so tomorrow I will add some more roses. I think it is good to take photos for just that reason, it allows me time to evaluate.
I enjoyed this process, had a few hic-cups but prevailed and got a result...I recommend this class if you wish to learn about creating backgrounds, link on previous post.

I will probably edit this post tomorrow so I am going to sign off for now...correction, I will edit tomorrow once I have taken a clearer photo without the flash.

***************************EDIT*******************************



As I said at the end of my blog yesterday I would upload a new photo of my piece. Having had a chance to see it hanging I felt it needed "something more" to finish it - and so I added the roses in the top corners. Happier with it now....

5 comments:

mary schweitzer said...

Oh Dawn, this is beautiful! My kind of art! I LOVE it!
Mary

ARTifact & whimsy said...

AMAZING!!! I can't believe this is your first canvas!! I LOVE this work of art!!! Your incredible!! I am now following your blog so I won't miss out on anything else! Hugs, Dawn Marie

Renee said...

Dawn you look like a pro. Hard to believe that this is your first canvas. I like the added roses.

Love Renee

Val Foster said...

Well you hit this one out of the park! I love this piece also. It's simple and elegant and refined, very beautiful. I especially love the textured background and the pastel colors. How did create the yummy texture on this? Just wonderful!

Eastjewels said...

Oh Wow Honey..this is so beautiful. I totally love the colors and the image...you did a great job..I am so impressed...now do you wonder why you waited so long to do a canvas
..Awesome...Luv Mum.