08/03/2009

Introducing....

I have met some wonderful people on blogland, started wonderful friendships and discovered awesome talents.
I recently started doing online classes... I have signed up to do A digital brush class on Creative Workshops(a ning group) and while there signed up for a Visual Journalling class with Pam Carricker. Fantastic classes; I have to say the digital workshop I have not done much with at this point in time - I need to be able to give it my full attention and family life has meant that I have not felt able to just concentrate on that. But the Visual Journalling I have done a few spreads for and intend to continue with that.
As part of the Creative workshop I also signed up to do an online class by Joanna Pierotti, I have longed admired her canvasses - to the point where I bought one just to study it in detail. Couldn't figure out how she did it BUT... now she is sharing her secrets with online classes. I have watched the videos, they are superb quality, and can't wait for tomorrow to come so that I can get started... (family at work, school etc. so peace and quiet for me)
Now on the Creative Workshop group there is the chance to make Art Dolls, I am not doing this as I have to much else that I am concentrating on, and wanting to improve on that this would be stretching myself to far.
That is not to say that I haven't enjoyed looking at the dolls created by the girls so far, they are fabulous.
Joining workshops introduces you to new people, well I was delighted to "meet" a new artist (to me anyway...)MONICA ZUNIGA
I clicked on the link to her blog and well, I fell in love! No really I did.. Monica's artwork, well it touched me profoundly and so I wanted to introduce her to you, so click on her name - you won't be disappointed believe me.
I visited her etsy shop (link is on her blog) and just had to purchase to over her mini canvases, I could have ordered the large 12x12 "Contemplation" but held back as we are house hunting.... anyway ignore me and go check it out.

That's it for today, no art to post as I have been house hunting this weekend (I love it, looking around homes) seen some beautiful houses but they just fell short of what we wanted for one reason or another... the search continues!

Bye for now,

1 comment:

Mónica Zúñiga said...

You are such a doll! Thank you for your love and for writing about me, I really appreciatet it! I´m so glad that now I can follow your beautiful blog!:)
You know, for those great bottles you got, I know pretty soon there´s gonna be a cool altered bottle class online if you are interested at: http://mosshillstudioworkshops.ning.com/
Check it out!

Have a great, creative week!
Blessings! Moni.