18/03/2009

St Patricks Day joy


I know I am a lucky person with the friends I have made in blogland, I know I have said it before but Hey! I am going to say it again.
You may recall a piece I did for the PW group for a St Patrick's day swap... if not, no matter one of my earlier posts has pics... but what I wanted to share with you was the piece I received... "The luck of the Irish" from Heather Corn - truly beautiful
don't you agree? Thank you Heather xxx

BUT THAT WASN'T ALL THE POSTMAN BROUGHT ME...
No siree... how lucky am I to also receive this delightful, delectable fabric collage from my friend Barb... just look at it! See the metal filigree butterflies, the buttons and lace, the layers of fabric. That delightfully impish little chappy in the centre... how cool is this..so THANK YOU Barb, I will treasure this always...





So there you have my St Patrick's day gifts... but before I finish this post I have more to share with you, the postman came today with a tiny package from Mexico City and oh my wait till you see the delights within... I cannot praise this lady highly enough, I was fortunate to meet her through doing an Online class with Joanna - but less of the chat wait till you see what I have to share with you....



So here they are my 6x4 canvases from Monica Zuniga if you haven't visited her blog, do, she has some lovely pieces to share on there which I am sure you will enjoy and a link to her etsy store... go on, take a peek!
THANK YOU Monica, I have to say that the photos on etsy didn't actually do your work justice - it is so special to hold it and see it close up, the little details are so clear - oh and until I can remedy it, the marks that you might see are off my scanner so I shall sort that out and put new pics up when I can - I just had to share with you)

I have to say to all the ladies, Barb, Heather and Monica that my neighbours have all seen your beautiful pieces, and they are all in agreement that I know some very talented people xxx

Thanks for dropping by

5 comments:

Barbara said...

oh the art looks sooooo lovely and happy in their new home with their new mommy!!! it was such fun to talk with you (you were the subject of conversation at school...maddy had to tell her whole class she got to speak with someone from ENGLAND!!!! then they had to find it on the map! and China is soooo sweet!!!
love and hugz!!!!

Eastjewels said...

Oh Wow, you are a lucky girl to be the proud owner of such wonderful art pieces..I hope you are making a wall of all of this art...Awesome...Luv U Mum

MHFiler said...

Hi Dawn, The work is beautiful! I cant wait to start catching up on your older posts. Thank you so much for following my blog, I am very new to this and am just trying to figure things out. And Thank you for the kind words.

Renee said...

The paintings are beautiful Dawn.

I actually really like how you did your girl for the journal pages you have. I think you should do more painting because you are so talented.

Love Renee xoxo

Heartwideopen said...

I LOVE all this art...it's just wonderful! I'm doing a give-away on Facebook. If you haven't checked out my page since you've been back, you better go on over there!
HuGGs!
Debi