31/07/2009

Another day in Spain...

So what did I do since my last post?
Well Stuart thought it would be nice to go into Villajoyosa for a fish meal, so off we set with China... unbeknown to us it was Moors and Christians Fiesta time; this happens every year at different times in different places and consists of parades etc. of Moors and Christians who played a large part in the history of Spain. This in effect meant that every restaurant was booked up so that plan went out of the window. To be honest we didn't want to eat there anyway - because the town smelled like a giant urinal (sure people couldn't be bothered to use toilets) and there was so much pavement pizza that is was awful!!!!

I did like the graffiti on the wall though, and the street fiesta lights...
So we left Villajoyosa and headed into Benidorm to go to the "Chicken Shack" - we tried to go when Jazz was still here but there was just no where to park. Success this time! The chicken is so moist and succulent and cooked to perfection, here is a pic...

And then I tried to draw faces, got frustrated...totally but came up with this in the end.. Linda told me to forget about drawing the shape and just draw features first and so I tried it that way, not bad, long way to go to get the eyes same size etc. but pretty pleased...


That will be all for this post, gotta fly... guess what- going out to lunch! No surprise there then!
Thanks for dropping by

3 comments:

Linda East said...

I think the eyes look great...the space between the corner to the eye and the hair line (cheek?) is too wide...make the line come straight down instead of curved. The curve should be lower...Look in the mirror see what I mean? the ears are on the straight part with shading from the ear to the eye. :)

Barbara said...

OK...NOW I'M HUNGRY!!! lol...

Unknown said...

Hello! When I draw I have always started with the eyes, then the other features and then the face. Eyes first!! Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog, about national smile day! Suzie x