28/04/2010

The Beauty around me..

I thought I would share these photos with you, taken whilst walking my dog Stamford. We have had a long old winter but now the signs of Spring and the coming Summer are starting to appear.
At this time of year it is magical to walk through the woods and to see all the Bluebells that have been dormant waiting for the warm rays of the sun to awaken them. Well that time is now, and what a sight it is to see the blue haze, because that is what it looks like, of the Bluebells.
It is a joy to walk and listen to the birds, to see the squirrels jumping from tree to tree and the occasionally deer (if you are lucky). So I say Thank you for this and wanted to share it with you...



Not been very creative the last week or so - working on a canvas when I get the time but on the whole, very quiet.
I did make this ATC this morning for the April lottery over on Paper Whimsy, there are some beautiful cards for this months lucky winner, the theme is Flowers.

I bought the Tim Holtz paper stacks, they are gorgeous let me tell you. I used one of the papers (which was ATC sized)for the background, put crackle paste on it and let it do it's magic, I cut out a chair for the girl to sit on and the words are rub ons, embellished with flowers and swarovski crystals.

So there you have it my completed ATC.

Whatever you have been doing, Hope you have had fun xxx

1 comment:

Healing Woman said...

Beautiful Dawn..and your walk in the woods is priceless.