22/04/2010

Eggs and Survivor....


I was walking past a florists in town the other day, it was closed but in the window I spied these twigs and these nests on sticks... fell in love with them and was gutted that the shop was shut. I finally managed to get back in on Tuesday and the twigs were in the window but the eggs in the nest were not.... I walked into the shop and asked the lady if the twigs were for sale, she said they were window decoration but could let me have them for a £1, what a bargain I thought, so of course I had to have them. I then mentioned the eggs in the nest and she stated that they were window dressing for Easter but they were in her store room. She said that there were only 3 but if I wanted them I could have them for £1.99 each, I was so excited and totally agreed on the price . I was egg-cited to see them wrapped up knowing I was taking them home with me.


This is my lastest canvas, a 16 x 16. I started her a while ago but was not happy with her nose so it sat there until I decided the time had come to sort it out.
This piece is my Survivor Goddess, it is for all those women who have had Cancer and survived it... that is why I have done it in the pinks. The headscarf is a paper napkin, I then painted flowers to make it upbeat.
I must admit to taking pleasure looking at it now as I managed to correct it....
That is it for this post as I really must go and do some food shopping (hate food shopping!) but the old man is moaning about being bored so I shall take him with me for a change.
Thanks again for dropping by xxxx

9 comments:

Wabbit said...

I'm so envious of your fabulous finds in your local shops!

Debby said...

I love, love your eggs & nests. Your painting is gorgeous.
Debby

Diane said...

Your Survivor goddess is stunning!! And how cool are those nests?!

Christy said...

The painting is fabulous Dawn....like I said, you keep growing into new directions with your art. Great job!

Lisa said...

Dawn, your goddess is beautiful! I love the way you made it so cheerful and upbeat. VERY inspiring!

Anonymous said...

You got a good bargain there with those little eggs and nests! They are all gorgeous!!

Your pink canvas lady is truly beautiful. I love how all the colours just flow together. I just remembered you sent me some of those napkins and I forgot to thank you!!!
(brain fog moment)

Barbara/myth maker said...

I love the egg nests! And what a beautiful portrait painting.

Birgit said...

Hi Dawn,

How wonderful that you got such nice decorations for a good prize.

Your new canvas is beautiful. :)

Thanks for dropping by -- it's always a pleasure to know that someone came over for a visit.

Happy weekend,
Birgit

carylsrealm said...

Your canvas is wonderful Dawn!!!