11/03/2008

Johnny Lee arrives in England



Let me tell you about Johnny Lee. Over on Paper Whimsy there is a swap in progress to make a Paper Doll for A.N.OTHER in the swap. Unfortunately I missed the sign up because it was for a limited number; I resigned myself to the fact that I would not be participating in the swap...c'est la vie and all that.
Then I got numerous e mails from Linda East suggesting that we could do a swap amongst ourselves (she had successfully signed up for the PW Paper Doll.) so of course I agreed.

I posted my doll, called "Betty" with her doll "Boop" to Linda.
Then Linda let me know that she had posted Johnny and since that day I have waited with bated breathe for Johnny Lee to arrive.
Today he did. He came all carefully packaged in a box surrounded by lots of "goodies" for use in collages (he reminded me of a Pharoah -sent of on a journey with bits and pieces from home).
As I opened the tissue paper and bubble wrap he was so lovingly esconced in, my jaw drop. He is gorgeous. Linda has really done me proud with Johnny - even Jazz my teenage son thought he was "wicked"! (praise indeed).
Johnny as you can see from the photo has a fishing rod, with glass beads for fish. A kite with colorful ribbon, some birds flying in the sky, the most delightful picket fence - truly awesome!!!
Then his shadow box is embellished with seashells, glass beads,gold ribbon, charms all on a beautifully hand painted crackle effect box.
Linda I cannot THANK YOU enough for Johnny, I shall cherish him and care for him forever. He came with a little letter of introduction - well no, not letter poem which is delightful too.
Johnny will make a trip to Spain with me, just so that I can show him off and so that he can be a well travelled little chap...
Whoever gets the other Paper Doll on PW will be truly lucky, believe me I know!

THANK YOU!! Linda, once again I will never tire of saying that.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

certainly enjoyed meeting Johnny Lee....what a fabulous piece of art!!!
Lucky you, Dawn and Linda, I love your shadowbox!!!

_________________
salud!
your friend,
Cat

Anonymous said...

Johnny Lee is absolutely delightful, Dawn.

So glad that you finally received your Gothic arches, too.

Marcy

Eastjewels said...

My,My,My...we think thee flatter me to much...I am so glad you like Johnny Lee, I hope Jimmy Ray, Johnny's brother,is as well received in CA. I am sure Johnny Lee will love a trip to Spain. Oh Yeah, so would I...There are more surpises for each of us in the near future with our AB RR...can't wait...LUV LE